Job requirements Specialized Cleaner in Ontario
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "specialized cleaner" was moved from the group Specialized cleaners (NOC 6732) to the group Specialized cleaners (NOC 65311).
Find out what you typically need to work as a specialized cleaner in Ontario. These requirements are applicable to all Specialized cleaners (NOC 65311).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- There are no specific education requirements for occupations in this unit group.
- On-the-job training is usually provided.
- Previous experience in a related position may be required for some occupations in this unit group.
Source National Occupational Classification
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: