Job requirements Technician, Thermology And Electrolysis in Canada
Find out what you typically need to work as a technician, thermology and electrolysis in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Estheticians, electrologists and related occupations (NOC 63211).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of high school, college or beauty school programs for cosmeticians, estheticians, electrologists, manicurists and pedicurists is required or on-the-job training is provided.
- Electrologists usually require certification from an electrologist's educational or training institution.
- Membership in a provincial or national electrolysis association may be required.
- A business licence is required for workers in this group who are owners/operators of businesses offering these services.
- Practitioners offering these personal services are required to adhere to infection control procedures.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated in your province or territory.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: