Job requirements Landscape Architecture Manager near Calgary (AB)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "landscape architecture manager" was moved from the group Architecture and science managers (NOC 0212) to the group Architecture and science managers (NOC 20011).
Find out what you typically need to work as a landscape architecture manager near Calgary (AB). These requirements are applicable to all Architecture and science managers (NOC 20011).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Architecture managers require a degree in architecture, registration as a professional architect and several years of experience as an architect.
- Landscape architecture managers require a degree in landscape architecture, licensing as a professional landscape architect and several years of experience as a landscape architect.
- Science and other managers in this unit group require a master's or doctoral degree in a scientific discipline and several years of experience in a related scientific discipline.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: