Job requirements Placement Officer - Human Resources in Canada

Find out what you typically need to work as a placement officer - human resources in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Human resources and recruitment officers (NOC 12101).

Employment requirements

This is what you typically need for the job.

  • A college diploma in a field related to personnel management such as business administration, industrial relations, commerce or completion of a professional development program in personnel administration is usually required.
  • Certification as a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) may be required.
  • Some experience in a clerical or administrative position related to personnel administration may be required.

Source National Occupational Classification

Professional certification and licensing

You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated in your province or territory.

British Columbia

Job title Recruiter Of Temporary Foreign Workers


Job title Foreign Worker Recruiter

Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC

Do you want to work in another province or territory?

If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.

Labour Market Information Survey
Date modified: