Job prospects Logging Crew Supervisor - Forestry near Kelowna (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Supervisors, logging and forestry near Kelowna (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a logging crew supervisor - forestry.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be limited for Supervisors, logging and forestry (NOC 8211) in the Thompson - Okanagan region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Supervisors, logging and forestry in the Thompson - Okanagan region:
- Approximately 370 people work in this occupation.
- Supervisors, logging and forestry mainly work in the following sectors:
- Forestry and logging: 73%
- Wood product manufacturing (NAICS 321): 9%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: