Job prospects Yard Labourer - Railway Transport near Calgary (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Railway and motor transport labourers near Calgary (AB). These trends also apply to people working as an yard labourer - railway transport.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Railway and motor transport labourers (NOC 7622) in the Calgary region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Railway and motor transport labourers in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 170 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Railway and motor transport labourers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 70%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 9%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 5%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: