Job prospects Session Musician near Edmonton (AB)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "session musician" was moved from the group Musicians and singers (NOC 5133) to the group Musicians and singers (NOC 51122).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Musicians and singers" near Edmonton (AB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Musicians and singers (NOC 5133) in the Edmonton region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Musicians and singers in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 1,700 people work in this occupation.
- Musicians and singers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 64%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 26%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: