Job prospects Terminal Supervisor - Motor Transport near Calgary (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Supervisors, motor transport and other ground transit operators near Calgary (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a terminal supervisor - motor transport.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Supervisors, motor transport and other ground transit operators (NOC 7305) in the Calgary region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Supervisors, motor transport and other ground transit operators in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 1,860 people work in this occupation.
- Supervisors, motor transport and other ground transit operators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 63%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 13%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
- Date modified: