Job prospects Apprentice Industrial Painter And Decorator near Saanich (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Painters and decorators (except interior decorators) near Saanich (BC). These trends also apply to people working as an apprentice industrial painter and decorator.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was poor over the past few years (2018-2020). There were more workers available than job openings.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Painters and decorators (except interior decorators) (NOC 7294) in the Vancouver Island and Coast region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Painters and decorators (except interior decorators) in the Vancouver Island and Coast region:
- Approximately 1,370 people work in this occupation.
- Painters and decorators (except interior decorators) mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 93%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: