Job prospects Apprentice Industrial Painter And Decorator near Calgary (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Painters and decorators (except interior decorators) near Calgary (AB). These trends also apply to people working as an apprentice industrial painter and decorator.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Painters and decorators (except interior decorators) (NOC 7294) in the Calgary region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Painters and decorators (except interior decorators) in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 3,050 people work in this occupation.
- Painters and decorators (except interior decorators) mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 93%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: