Job prospects Concrete Finisher in the Ottawa Region
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "concrete finisher" was moved from the group Concrete finishers (NOC 7282) to the group Concrete finishers (NOC 73100).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Concrete finishers" in the Ottawa Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Concrete finishers (NOC 7282) in the Ottawa region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
Here are some key facts about Concrete finishers in the Ottawa region:
- Approximately 210 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Concrete finishers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 93%
- Non-metallic mineral product manufacturing (NAICS 327): 7%
Source Labour Market Information | Prospects Methodology
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: