Job prospects Concrete Finisher in the Hamilton–Niagara Peninsula Region
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Concrete finishers" in the Hamilton–Niagara Peninsula Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2019-2021), the labour market was balanced for Concrete finishers in the Hamilton–Niagara Peninsula Region. The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Concrete finishers (NOC 7282) in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
Here are some key facts about Concrete finishers in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region:
- Approximately 420 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Concrete finishers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 85%
- Non-metallic mineral product manufacturing (NAICS 327): 12%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Concrete finishers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: