Job prospects Concrete Finisher in Ontario
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as a "concrete finisher" in Ontario or Canada.
Job opportunities in Ontario
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Prospects over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Concrete finishers (NOC 7282) in Ontario for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
Here are some key facts about Concrete finishers in Ontario:
- Approximately 5,200 people work in this occupation.
- Concrete finishers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 90%
- Non-metallic mineral product manufacturing (NAICS 327): 5%
- 37% of concrete finishers work all year, while 63% work only part of the year, compared to 63% and 37% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 32 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
- 11% of concrete finishers are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
- The gender distribution of people in this occupation is:
- Men: more than 95% compared to 52% for all occupations
- Women: less than 5% compared to 48% for all occupations
- The educational attainment of workers in this occupation is:
- no high school diploma: 37% compared to 10% for all occupations
- high school diploma or equivalent: 37% compared to 27% for all occupations
- apprenticeship or trades certificate or diploma: 14% compared to 6% for all occupations
- college certificate or diploma or university certificate below bachelor's: 10% compared to 26% for all occupations
- bachelor's degree: less than 5% compared to 21% for all occupations
- university certificate, degree or diploma above bachelor level: less than 5% compared to 10% for all occupations
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Ontario by economic region.
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as a "concrete finisher" Concrete finishers (NOC 73100) or Canada.
- Date modified: