Job prospects Concrete Finisher near Vancouver (BC)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "concrete finisher" was moved from the group Concrete finishers (NOC 7282) to the group Concrete finishers (NOC 73100).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Concrete finishers" near Vancouver (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was very good over the past few years (2019-2021). There were far more job openings than workers available to fill them.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be very limited for Concrete finishers (NOC 7282) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Concrete finishers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 1,060 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Concrete finishers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 93%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: