Job prospects Concrete Finisher near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Concrete finishers near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a concrete finisher.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was very good over the past few years (2019-2021). There were far more job openings than workers available to fill them.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Concrete finishers (NOC 7282) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Concrete finishers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 1,480 people work in this occupation.
- Concrete finishers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 89%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: