Job prospects Butcher Apprentice in the Calgary Region
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers - retail and wholesale" in the Calgary Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2020-2022), the labour market was balanced for Butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers - retail and wholesale in the Calgary Region. The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Butchers - retail and wholesale (NOC 63201) in the Calgary region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Butchers - retail and wholesale in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 180 people worked in this occupation in May 2021.
- Butchers - retail and wholesale mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 68%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 22%
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 11%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers - retail and wholesale across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: