Job prospects Butcher Apprentice near Calgary (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers - retail and wholesale near Calgary (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a butcher apprentice.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers - retail and wholesale (NOC 6331) in the Calgary region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers - retail and wholesale in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 1,480 people work in this occupation.
- Butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers - retail and wholesale mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 75%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 21%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: