Job prospects Cook in the North Coast Region
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Cooks" in the North Coast Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was very poor over the past few years (2019-2021). There were far more workers available than job openings.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Cooks (NOC 6322) in the North Coast region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Strong growth in food services is supported by the removal of pandemic-related restrictions.
- Demand for workers is expected to exceed supply in the near term.
Here are some key facts about Cooks in the North Coast region:
- Approximately 490 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Cooks mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 77%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Cooks across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: