Job prospects Cook in the Vancouver Island and Coast Region
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Cooks" in the Vancouver Island and Coast Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Cooks (NOC 6322) in the Vancouver Island and Coast region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Strong growth in food services is supported by the removal of pandemic-related restrictions.
- Demand for workers is expected to exceed supply in the near term.
Here are some key facts about Cooks in the Vancouver Island and Coast region:
- Approximately 5,200 people work in this occupation.
- Cooks mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 68%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 13%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Cooks across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: