Job prospects Cook near Kelowna (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Cooks" near Kelowna (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Cooks (NOC 6322) in the Thompson - Okanagan region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Strong growth in food services is supported by the removal of pandemic-related restrictions.
- Demand for workers is expected to exceed supply in the near term.
Here are some key facts about Cooks in the Thompson - Okanagan region:
- Approximately 3,070 people work in this occupation.
- Cooks mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 79%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 10%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Cooks across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: