Job prospects Cook near Kelowna (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Cooks" near Kelowna (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Cooks (NOC 6322) in the Thompson - Okanagan region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Strong growth in food services is supported by the removal of pandemic-related restrictions.
- Demand for workers is expected to exceed supply in the near term.
Here are some key facts about Cooks in the Thompson - Okanagan region:
- Approximately 3,070 people work in this occupation.
- Cooks mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 79%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 10%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Cooks across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: