Job prospects Technical Sales Specialist - Metals near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a technical sales specialist - metals.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade (NOC 6221) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 13,860 people work in this occupation.
- Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade mainly work in the following sectors:
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 31%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 19%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 14%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: