Job prospects Technical Sales Specialist - Metals near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a technical sales specialist - metals.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade (NOC 6221) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 13,280 people work in this occupation.
- Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade mainly work in the following sectors:
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 35%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 17%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 11%
- Chemical manufacturing (NAICS 325): 7%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 5%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: