Job prospects Executive Housekeeper in British Columbia
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as an "executive housekeeper" in British Columbia or Canada.
Job opportunities in British Columbia
Prospects over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Executive housekeepers (NOC 62021) in British Columbia for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Executive housekeepers in British Columbia:
- Approximately 300 people worked in this occupation in May 2021.
- Executive housekeepers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation services (NAICS 721): 71%
- Nursing and residential care facilities (NAICS 623): 8%
- Food services and drinking places (NAICS 722): 6%
- 62% of executive housekeepers work all year, while 38% work only part of the year, compared to 61% and 39% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 44 weeks compared to 42 weeks for all occupations.
- 6% of executive housekeepers are self-employed compared to an average of 17% for all occupations.
- The gender distribution of people in this occupation is:
- Men: 26% compared to 52% for all occupations
- Women: 74% compared to 48% for all occupations
- The educational attainment of workers in this occupation is:
- no high school diploma: 14% compared to 8% for all occupations
- high school diploma or equivalent: 38% compared to 28% for all occupations
- apprenticeship or trades certificate or diploma: 9% compared to 13% for all occupations
- college certificate or diploma or university certificate below bachelor's: 21% compared to 17% for all occupations
- bachelor's degree: 15% compared to 22% for all occupations
- university certificate, degree or diploma above bachelor level: less than 5% compared to 12% for all occupations
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in British Columbia by economic region.
|Lower Mainland–Southwest Region|
|North Coast Region|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region|
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as an "executive housekeeper" Executive housekeepers (NOC 62021) or Canada.
- Date modified: