Job prospects Illustrator And Graphic Designer near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Graphic designers and illustrators near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as an illustrator and graphic designer.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Graphic designers and illustrators (NOC 5241) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Graphic designers and illustrators in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 10,310 people work in this occupation.
- Graphic designers and illustrators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 45%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 29%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: