Job prospects Software Design Engineer near Edmonton (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Software engineers and designers near Edmonton (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a software design engineer.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2018-2020). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Software engineers and designers (NOC 2173) in the Edmonton region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Software engineers and designers in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 1,430 people work in this occupation.
- Software engineers and designers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 46%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 14%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 9%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 5%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: