Job prospects Special Education Technician - Persons With Disabilities near Winnipeg (MB)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Instructors of persons with disabilities" near Winnipeg (MB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2019-2021), the labour market was balanced for Instructors of persons with disabilities near Winnipeg (MB). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Instructors of persons with disabilities (NOC 4215) in the Winnipeg region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Instructors of persons with disabilities in the Winnipeg region:
- Approximately 230 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Instructors of persons with disabilities mainly work in the following sectors:
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 45%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 36%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 10%
- Provincial and territorial public administration (NAICS 912): 8%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Instructors of persons with disabilities across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: