Job prospects Early Childhood Educator (ECE) Assistant near Vancouver (BC)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "early childhood educator (ECE) assistant" was moved from the group Early childhood educators and assistants (NOC 4214) to the group Early childhood educators and assistants (NOC 42202).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Early childhood educators and assistants" near Vancouver (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was very good over the past few years (2019-2021). There were far more job openings than workers available to fill them.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Early childhood educators and assistants (NOC 4214) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Demand for this occupation mirrors the strong demand for teachers.
- Education programs continue to expand to meet demand.
Here are some key facts about Early childhood educators and assistants in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 16,300 people work in this occupation.
- Early childhood educators and assistants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 87%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 8%
Source Labour Market Information | Prospects Methodology
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: