Job prospects Early Childhood Educator Assistant near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Early childhood educators and assistants near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as an early childhood educator assistant.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Early childhood educators and assistants (NOC 4214) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities may vary depending on the time of the year.
Given Toronto's growing population, demand for these childcare workers is expected to increase during the forecast period. Qualified individuals who speak multiple languages may have better prospects.
Here are some key facts about Early childhood educators and assistants in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 37,810 people work in this occupation.
- Early childhood educators and assistants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 76%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 21%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: