Job prospects Early Childhood Educator Assistant near Sudbury (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Early childhood educators and assistants near Sudbury (ON). These trends also apply to people working as an early childhood educator assistant.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
The employment outlook will be fair for Early childhood educators and assistants (NOC 4214) in the Northeast region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities may vary depending on the time of the year.
Here are some key facts about Early childhood educators and assistants in the Northeast region:
- Approximately 3,430 people work in this occupation.
- Early childhood educators and assistants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 81%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 17%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: