Job prospects Employment Counsellor near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Employment counsellors near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as an employment counsellor.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
The employment outlook will be fair for Employment counsellors (NOC 4156) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Employment counsellors in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 1,200 people work in this occupation.
- Employment counsellors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 23%
- Provincial and territorial public administration (NAICS 912): 21%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 20%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 11%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 8%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: