Job prospects Medical Laboratory Technologist in the Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Medical laboratory technologists" in the Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2020-2022), there was a major labour shortage for Medical laboratory technologists in the Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region. There were far more job openings than workers available to fill them in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be very good for Medical laboratory technologists (NOC 32120) in the Abitibi - Témiscamingue region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Medical laboratory technologists in the Abitibi - Témiscamingue region:
- Approximately 70 people worked in this occupation in May 2021.
- Medical laboratory technologists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): more than 95%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Medical laboratory technologists across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: