Job prospects Medical Laboratory Technologist in the Saskatoon–Biggar Region
Explore current and future job prospects for Medical laboratory technologists in the Saskatoon–Biggar Region. These trends also apply to people working as a medical laboratory technologist.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Medical laboratory technologists (NOC 3211) in the Saskatoon - Biggar region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Medical laboratory technologists in the Saskatoon - Biggar region:
- Approximately 230 people work in this occupation.
- Medical laboratory technologists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 86%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 9%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: