Job prospects Medical Laboratory Technologist in the South Coast–Burin Peninsula Region
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Medical laboratory technologists" in the South Coast–Burin Peninsula Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Medical laboratory technologists (NOC 32120) in the South Coast - Burin Peninsula and Notre Dame - Central Bonavista Bay regions for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Additional information is available at the provincial level.
Here are some key facts about Medical laboratory technologists in the South Coast - Burin Peninsula and Notre Dame - Central Bonavista Bay regions:
- Approximately 120 people worked in this occupation in May 2021.
- Medical laboratory technologists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 91%
- Ambulatory health care services (NAICS 621): 9%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Medical laboratory technologists across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: