Job prospects Medical Laboratory Technologist in the North Shore Region
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Medical laboratory technologists" in the North Shore Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Medical laboratory technologists (NOC 3211) in the North Shore region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Additional information is available at the provincial level.
Here are some key facts about Medical laboratory technologists in the North Shore region:
- Approximately 90 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Medical laboratory technologists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 63%
- Ambulatory health care services (NAICS 621): 23%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 8%
- Provincial and territorial public administration (NAICS 912): 7%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Medical laboratory technologists across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: