Job prospects Medical Laboratory Technologist in the Camrose–Drumheller Region
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Medical laboratory technologists" in the Camrose–Drumheller Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2020-2022), the labour market was balanced for Medical laboratory technologists in the Camrose–Drumheller Region. The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Medical laboratory technologists (NOC 32120) in the Camrose - Drumheller region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Medical laboratory technologists in the Camrose - Drumheller region:
- Approximately 100 people worked in this occupation in May 2021.
- Medical laboratory technologists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): more than 95%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Medical laboratory technologists across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: