Job prospects Medical Laboratory Technologist in the Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Medical laboratory technologists" in the Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
We were not able to determine labour market conditions for Medical laboratory technologists in the Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region over the past few years (2019-2021) because of low employment levels in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be very good for Medical laboratory technologists (NOC 3211) in the Banff - Jasper - Rocky Mountain House region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Medical laboratory technologists in the Banff - Jasper - Rocky Mountain House region:
- Approximately 40 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Medical laboratory technologists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): more than 95%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Medical laboratory technologists across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: