Job prospects Medical Laboratory Technologist in the Bas-Saint-Laurent Region
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Medical laboratory technologists" in the Bas-Saint-Laurent Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Medical laboratory technologists (NOC 3211) in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Medical laboratory technologists in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region:
- Approximately 130 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Medical laboratory technologists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 94%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Medical laboratory technologists across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: