Job prospects Medical Laboratory Technologist in Manitoba
Job opportunities for Medical laboratory technologists (NOC 3211) are good in Manitoba over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a medical laboratory technologist.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Manitoba
The employment outlook will be good for Medical laboratory technologists (NOC 3211) in Manitoba for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Medical laboratory technologists in the Manitoba region:
- Approximately 950 people work in this occupation.
- Medical laboratory technologists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services (NAICS 621): 67%
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 25%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 85% compared to 79% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 15% compared to 21% for all occupations
- 77% of medical laboratory technologists work all year, while 23% work only part of the year, compared to 64% and 36% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 35 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Manitoba by economic region.
|Interlake Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Central Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Parklands Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|South Central Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Southeast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Southwest Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Winnipeg Region||Good Good|
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
We expect that there will be a labour SHORTAGE for Medical laboratory technologists (NOC 3211) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: