Job prospects Veterinarian near Lethbridge (AB)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "veterinarian" was moved from the group Veterinarians (NOC 3114) to the group Veterinarians (NOC 31103).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Veterinarians" near Lethbridge (AB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Veterinarians (NOC 3114) in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Veterinarians in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region:
- Approximately 130 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Veterinarians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 72%
- Federal government public administration (NAICS 911): 28%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: