Job prospects Mechanical Engineering Design Technologist near Edmonton (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Mechanical engineering technologists and technicians" near Edmonton (AB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Mechanical engineering technologists and technicians (NOC 2232) in the Edmonton region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Mechanical engineering technologists and technicians in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 670 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Mechanical engineering technologists and technicians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 32%
- Oil and gas extraction (NAICS 211, 213): 9%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 9%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 6%
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (NAICS 339): 5%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Mechanical engineering technologists and technicians across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: