Job prospects Cosmetics Demonstrator - Retail in Ontario
Job opportunities for Other sales related occupations (NOC 6623) are good in Ontario over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a cosmetics demonstrator - retail.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in Ontario
The employment outlook will be good for Other sales related occupations (NOC 6623) in Ontario for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Other sales related occupations in the Ontario region:
- Approximately 17,100 people work in this occupation.
- Other sales related occupations mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 38%
- Management and administrative services (NAICS 55, 56): 20%
- Other professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 5414, 5416-5419): 11%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 52% compared to 79% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 48% compared to 21% for all occupations
- 45% of other sales related occupations work all year, while 55% work only part of the year, compared to 63% and 37% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 25 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
- 19% of other sales related occupations are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Ontario by economic region.
|Hamilton–Niagara Peninsula Region||Good Good|
|Kingston–Pembroke Region||Good Good|
|Kitchener–Waterloo–Barrie Region||Good Good|
|London Region||Good Good|
|Muskoka–Kawarthas Region||Good Good|
|Northeast Region||Good Good|
|Northwest Region||Good Good|
|Ottawa Region||Good Good|
|Stratford–Bruce Peninsula Region||Good Good|
|Toronto Region||Good Good|
|Windsor-Sarnia Region||Good Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Other sales related occupations (NOC 6623) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: