Job prospects Assistant Passenger Service Coordinator - Railway in the Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors" in the Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
We were not able to determine labour market conditions for Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors in the Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region over the past few years (2019-2021) because of low employment levels in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be very good for Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors (NOC 6313) in the Banff - Jasper - Rocky Mountain House region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
The heavily tourism-dependent economy of the Banff – Jasper – Rocky Mountain House region faced severe challenges during the peak of the COVID-19 pandemic. With lifted public health and travel restrictions, high vaccination rates, and a reopened economy, the region’s tourism sector is experiencing increased staffing demand. Job vacancy rate in the sector averaged 9.1% in the first half of 2022, compared to 4.5% in 2019. The Banff-Canmore Job Resources Centre estimates that there could be up to 5,000 vacant jobs in Banff, Canmore and the surrounding area.
Here are some key facts about Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors in the Banff - Jasper - Rocky Mountain House region:
- Approximately 70 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 64%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 21%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 9%
- Agriculture (NAICS ultur): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
- Date modified: