Job prospects Assistant Passenger Service Coordinator - Railway in Saskatchewan
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as an "assistant passenger service coordinator - railway" in Saskatchewan or Canada.
Job opportunities in Saskatchewan
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Prospects over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be very good for Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors (NOC 6313) in Saskatchewan for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors in Saskatchewan:
- Approximately 700 people work in this occupation.
- Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Arts, entertainment and recreation (NAICS 71): 60%
- Accommodation services (NAICS 721): 28%
- Air transportation (NAICS 481): 8%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 85% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 15% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 71% of accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors work all year, while 28% work only part of the year, compared to 62% and 38% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 35 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- less than 5% of accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
- The gender distribution of people in this occupation is:
- Men: 41% compared to 53% for all occupations
- Women: 59% compared to 47% for all occupations
- The educational attainment of workers in this occupation is:
- no high school diploma: 17% compared to 14% for all occupations
- high school diploma or equivalent: 46% compared to 32% for all occupations
- apprenticeship or trades certificate or diploma: 7% compared to 11% for all occupations
- college certificate or diploma or university certificate below bachelor's: 15% compared to 22% for all occupations
- bachelor's degree: 15% compared to 15% for all occupations
- university certificate, degree or diploma above bachelor level: less than 5% compared to 6% for all occupations
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Saskatchewan by economic region.
|Prince Albert Region|
|Regina–Moose Mountain Region|
|Swift Current–Moose Jaw Region|
- Date modified: