Job prospects Assistant Passenger Service Coordinator - Railway in Alberta
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as an "assistant passenger service coordinator - railway" in Alberta or Canada.
Job opportunities in Alberta
Prospects over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors (NOC 62022) in Alberta for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors in Alberta:
- Approximately 2,150 people work in this occupation.
- Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Arts, entertainment and recreation (NAICS 71): 59%
- Accommodation services (NAICS 721): 28%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 93% compared to 80% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 7% compared to 20% for all occupations
- 28% of accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors work all year, while 71% work only part of the year, compared to 61% and 39% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 33 weeks compared to 42 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors are self-employed compared to an average of 15% for all occupations.
- The gender distribution of people in this occupation is:
- Men: 30% compared to 53% for all occupations
- Women: 70% compared to 47% for all occupations
- The educational attainment of workers in this occupation is:
- no high school diploma: 12% compared to 10% for all occupations
- high school diploma or equivalent: 39% compared to 28% for all occupations
- apprenticeship or trades certificate or diploma: 7% compared to 13% for all occupations
- college certificate or diploma or university certificate below bachelor's: 25% compared to 19% for all occupations
- bachelor's degree: 14% compared to 21% for all occupations
- university certificate, degree or diploma above bachelor level: less than 5% compared to 9% for all occupations
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region|
|Red Deer Region|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region|
- Date modified: