Job prospects Assistant Passenger Service Coordinator - Railway in Alberta
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as an "assistant passenger service coordinator - railway" in Alberta or Canada.
Job opportunities in Alberta
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Prospects over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors (NOC 6313) in Alberta for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors in Alberta:
- Approximately 2,150 people work in this occupation.
- Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Arts, entertainment and recreation (NAICS 71): 50%
- Accommodation services (NAICS 721): 28%
- Air transportation (NAICS 481): 6%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 93% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 7% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 64% of accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors work all year, while 36% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 40 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- less than 5% of accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
- The gender distribution of people in this occupation is:
- Men: 40% compared to 54% for all occupations
- Women: 60% compared to 46% for all occupations
- The educational attainment of workers in this occupation is:
- no high school diploma: 10% compared to 12% for all occupations
- high school diploma or equivalent: 43% compared to 28% for all occupations
- apprenticeship or trades certificate or diploma: less than 5% compared to 10% for all occupations
- college certificate or diploma or university certificate below bachelor's: 21% compared to 24% for all occupations
- bachelor's degree: 20% compared to 18% for all occupations
- university certificate, degree or diploma above bachelor level: less than 5% compared to 8% for all occupations
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region|
|Red Deer Region|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region|
- Date modified: