Job prospects Assistant Passenger Service Co-ordinator - Railway in Alberta
Job opportunities for Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors (NOC 6313) are good in Alberta over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as an assistant passenger service co-ordinator - railway.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be good for Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors (NOC 6313) in Alberta for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 2,450 people work in this occupation.
- Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Arts, entertainment and recreation (NAICS 71): 44%
- Accommodation services (NAICS 721): 35%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 93% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 7% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 64% of accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors work all year, while 36% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 40 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Good Good|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Good Good|
|Calgary Region||Fair Fair|
|Camrose–Drumheller Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Edmonton Region||Fair Fair|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Fair Fair|
|Red Deer Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
- Date modified: