Job prospects Medical Administrative Assistant near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Medical administrative assistants" near Vancouver (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Medical administrative assistants (NOC 1243) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Medical administrative assistants in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 3,710 people work in this occupation.
- Medical administrative assistants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 90%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 8%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Medical administrative assistants across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: