Job prospects Bending Machine Operator - Metal Forging near Windsor (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Metalworking and forging machine operators near Windsor (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a bending machine operator - metal forging.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Metalworking and forging machine operators (NOC 9416) in the Windsor - Sarnia region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Metalworking and forging machine operators in the Windsor - Sarnia region:
- Approximately 2,680 people work in this occupation.
- Metalworking and forging machine operators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Motor vehicle, body, trailer and parts manufacturing (NAICS 3361-3363): 40%
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 25%
- Machinery manufacturing (NAICS 333): 17%
- Primary metal manufacturing (NAICS 331): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: