Job prospects Registered Animal Health Technologist near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a registered animal health technologist.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2018-2020). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians (NOC 3213) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 1,420 people work in this occupation.
- Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 92%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: